Sunday, September 27, 2015

Thoughts about Comments

I love getting comments on my stories, as well as commenting on everyone elses. When I comment, I try to do it in a style that I find has been most helpful to me, so it might not be best for everyone. I think I should try and break a barrier and leave things I think might be helpful in the comments, but this post is going to act as a disclaimer- anything I suggest is 100% my opinion, and as with everything, it can be taken or left. I'll try to implement this in my comments in the future!

What would really help me is constructive criticism. Somehow, I think we're all a little timid when reading each other's stories, and because we don't want to be mean or come off as such, we hold back and say extra nice things about each other's stories. This is great, because it gives me a great confidence boost when I'm in really difficult classes, but it also means I stagnate (mostly) as a writer. I love writing, especially creative writing. I used to write all the time in high school, and one of the things that helped me most was other people inspecting my writing and letting me know what they thought of it, and what they would change.

I really like it when people share personal stories in their commenting. It makes me feel like I have a connection there, and with as much as I love talking to people and learning their stories, commenting is just such an efficient and great way to do that on a large scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment