Sunday, October 4, 2015

Week 6: Famous Last Words

Empty stadium the Thursday before the game. Source: Personal photos


This week was a mish-mash of getting things done and putting things off.

I got my reading in on time this week, which was cool, but a Data Structures project due Monday evening made it impossible for me to do any bonus for this class for the second week in a row! I'm trying to finish up early so I can focus on my other four classes at the end of the semester, but it's getting tougher and tougher to get assignments done without using the grace period.

I wasn't thrilled with my writing this week, mostly because I had a fair bout of writer's block and wasn't feeling inspired by the Mahabharata. I also waited until late in the evening one night to write my project introduction, so there were more errors and inconsistencies than I really like to have in my stories. I tend to write really long stories as well, so I'm trying to pare those down as time goes on.

One thing I did manage was to get out to the stadium a couple times this week to run stairs, and I think I've found my new favorite form of exercise! I'm going to take advantage of the stadium being unlocked as long as I can, because I know it isn't normal to do that in most towns.

The Engineers' Club pre-game feed went really well this week too! We sold out of our breakfast burritos and had lots of people come out and say hi to us. If you're ever in the area on gameday, we're on the corner of Asp and Boyd, and we make truly delicious food, so come out and see what's up!

This week I've got two tests coming up, so I really need to buckle down and get work done... just like every other day of the semester. Such is the plight of the engineer, and everyone else having a hard semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment