Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 8: Reflections: Looking Back

Screenshot of my new and improved bookmark bar!



Week eight, halfway through already! I think this is like the montage episode in a long running sitcom. Here's some montage music (Diner by Martin Sexton) to accompany you if you read this post. Here we go!

Writing: I've written a couple stories so far, but I think my best work yet was the Week 4: Storytelling, which detailed Sita's last moments on Earth. My favorite story to write, however, was the story I wrote just last week, Week 7: It's Only Fair. The first one elicited a fairly emotional response from me while I was writing it, and after that I tried to write some lighter stuff. I finally succeeded with a light story three weeks later, which was cool! I tend to gravitate to the heavier stuff, so it was nice to try and flex my comedic muscles a little.

Reading: Oh, hands down, my favorite reading was the graphic novel in week four, Sita: Daughter of the Earth. I think Sita's been my favorite character so far, closely followed by Draupadi.

Interactions: One thing I know I've really failed on so far is replying to comments- I want to have conversations with people, but that's one of the things that gets pushed and pushed until I forget or really don't have time. I might try to go back and reply to the ones that asked questions before the year is out! I love getting to know people through their writing and comments, though, it's one of my favorite parts about the class!

Time: As the semester goes on, I'm getting better at using this class as sort of a 'break' between assignments, instead of doing it as the last thing of the day from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m., and that's been going well! I just finished up an assignment for Computer Architecture, and before I start on my next math-intensive project, I'm writing this to let my brain decompress a little. The quality of my writing is far better when I'm not falling asleep while typing...

Location: I usually write for this class at home, but have started writing more at the Engineering Practice Facility (EPF), generally because those are the two places I frequent. I do most of my work at the EPF, so it follows naturally that I'd work on this class here too!

Growth Mindset: I started Growth Mindset back up next week with a fairly low-key meme post, and I'm looking forward to doing more! I've really been trying to incorporate the new Mindset into how I work, and it's actually been helping me. Onwards and upwards!

Curation: Okay. I was a TOTAL bookmark non-believer until this class, and now bookmarks have become an integral part of my life. Go figure. I have everything set up nicely, exactly how I like it... I've been converted, and I love it.


1 comment:

  1. I haven’t had the chance to look at the graphic novels yet, but after reading your review of them I just might have to now! This class is a respite from my core classes of my major. I feel like it allows me to let my hair down and stretch my brain with some creativity. It’s nice knowing that I’m not the only one that feels this way about the class.

    ReplyDelete