Sunday, October 11, 2015

Week 7: Reading Feedback

Image of a book on a laptop, from Pixabay

This week I read from an online source, since I usually avoid reading on my computer screen like the plague. As expected, I did have a harder time focusing, and since I tend to do my reading late at night (entirely my fault) my eyes were more tired after reading on my computer than normal. Part of me wanted to go back and read a graphic novel at the library again, but having two midterms last week, I just didn't have the time. I live on the opposite side of campus, and trudging over to the library and back takes a good chunk of time. I hope to get back over there at least once or twice this semester though, because I've forgotten how much I used to love studying at the library when I was closer by. 

I read the Five Tall Sons of Pandu this week, and I really enjoyed that selection. It was much less focused on the supernatural of the Pandava brothers, and looked a lot closer at relationships and how human emotions played with and off each other. I don't think I read it as closely as I wanted to, mostly because of midterms, but the reading took me a couple hours anyway. Combined with the time it took me to go back and read after the fact, I think the reading length was perfect. I'm interested to read more from Wilson, because his writing had such a great flow to it. 

Overall, it was a good reading week for me! Reading Narayan's version of the Mahabharata took me a lot longer, because it felt like it was so stuffed with characters that I just couldn't keep track of them all. Wilson's fixed that problem without leaving much out, and I was glad I chose to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment