Sunday, October 11, 2015

Week 7: Curation Spaces

This week I finally have the time and the motivation to do one of my favorite extra credit blog posts, the curation spaces.

Image of Bride having hands painted with henna, from weddingpartyapp.com

First up we have a really gorgeous henna design I found on Pinterest- I love henna, and even got a small henna tattoo on my wrist at the Tulsa fair this weekend! I've always been in love with the temporary-permanent nature of henna. The commitment of tattoos scares me, so henna is the perfect compromise!

The Om symbol breakdown, from Sivana Spirit blog

Here's a good guide to breaking down the Om symbol, and seeing what everything means! I see this quite a lot when trying to curate things for this class, and now I have a handy graphic that tells me what each part of the symbol means. The rest of the blog seems pretty cool too, though I haven't had much of a chance to look deeper into it.

Elephant Calf 'Nunai' at the Animal Welfare Rehabilitation Center in Assam, India, from India Incredible Tumblr

There isn't much special significance behind this picture, except that it's a wonderfully cute baby elephant at a rescue center in India, and I thought it might bring a smile to someone's face! It definitely did to mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment