Sunday, October 11, 2015

Week 7: Famous Last Words

Sleeping Students image from Wikimedia Commons

Well, it's officially midterm season, and all of my classes are in high gear. I got up early this morning to get in all the extra credit for this class this week, and seeing as I'm on the last two assignments, that's gone pretty well for me! I still have to do my Project story, but that's on the agenda for this afternoon. Surprisingly, I kept up in this class last week, even with two midterms and a fair number of homework assignments looming over my head. I don't have any tests this week, but I do have at least three projects due, and so it's looking to be another busy one. 

This semester I've really begun to understand the concept of taking on too much. Between being E-Club President, TA-ing for a course, taking two graduate level electives and two major classes besides that, I'm doing everything I can to keep my head above water. Little things seem to keep popping up, and some other things slip through the cracks. A secret between you and me, dear blog readers; I'm a little excited for my fifth year, when I'm not planning to be involved in as much so I can focus on my schoolwork and maybe have a little time to myself. 

But I'm also trying hard to remember to enjoy this year, because it's my last year of undergrad, and even though it's busy and really tough and wearing me thin, it's a blast, and once I'm out of college, I won't have an experience exactly like this again. College is a weird time-warped place that has a very specific atmosphere that doesn't exist outside of campuses, and I'm so glad my time here has been as crazy and busy as it has. Mostly, anyway! Sometimes it would be nice to have a little extra sleep.

I realized I started rambling, so I'll wrap it up here. Here's to another successful week!

Edit: I finished the blog post and forgot about a couple things I wanted to write about.

1. I really, really enjoyed writing my story this week. Usually mine clock in near or at 1000 words, and are serious and emotional and just not always too fun to write when I'm already pretty stressed out. This week I chose to write a really lighthearted story, and had a blast! It was closer to 700 words, and was much more lighthearted and fun. 

2. This week I started reading a take on Harry Potter called Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. It's really long, but it exists in podcast form, so when I've been driving or doing mindless tasks, I've taken to listening to it, and it's fantastic! Anyone who's interested in science and wants to know what Harry Potter would be like if he grew up with a scientist for a dad instead of a jerk, read more here. I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment