Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Week 8: Reflections: Looking Forward

Personal photo of me signing our studio's dance floor after my last class. 

There are a few more things I'd like to accomplish in this class going forward, and several that I think I can do better.

First, I'd like to get assignments in before the grace period more often... I abuse it a little too much, I think, but sometimes with projects and homework assignments and tests, I tend to put this class off until the last second. I've started doing better with the grace period, but I think there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Second, I'd like to put a little more time into the reading and writing. Sometimes I wait until late at night and don't always get my best work in, but can usually get up and edit the next morning or a couple days after.

I think I've done a pretty good job of keeping up with the class as a whole, making sure to at least do a little bonus each week, even when I'm swamped.

I would really like to finish this class early, and I think I've plotted out my finish time to be somewhere in the middle of week 11. That would mean I had about four weeks to dedicate purely to my other classes, and that would be a huge help. I really love the structure of the class because we're allowed to finish early, and there are tons of ways to facilitate doing so.

My motivational picture is of myself signing my dance studio's floor, a tradition that all seniors (high school) got to take part in the night of their last dance class. I chose that as my motivational picture because it was something that I had worked hard at for a really long time, and was excited to put a 'completed' bow on. I can't wait for that feeling in May.

Here's to the rest of the semester!


3 comments:

  1. Hello Claire Malaby! I have some of the same goals as you do for the future in this class. I prioritize a lot of the work in my science classes ahead of this class. That leads me to using the grace period as a backup plan or saving these assignments for late night! I need to start doing more extra credit like you do. This will save me when I do not get in the assignments before the deadline. Good luck on finishing early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your motivational picture is awesome! Sometimes it helps to remind ourselves what we’ve accomplished in the past in order to get into the same mindset for future projects. I also need to snap out of the habit of getting things done at last minute and not just for this class. It’s just anxiety producing and the end product of the work doesn’t really make me happy either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire,

    I think that it is really cool how you have planned to finish this class early! I have also planned to finish early, but I have fallen a little bit short of my goal, so I will be completing the class somewhere around week 12 instead of week 11 like in your plan. I also liked your personal picture of you signing your studio’s dance floor! I thought it was neat how you related it to the feeling of completeness and graduation! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete