Sunday, October 11, 2015

Week 7: Growth Mindset

Growth Mindset Meme from Growth Mindset Memes Blog

This week I decided to do the meme challenge as a reintroduction to the Growth Mindset challenges. For a long time, my approach to change was to do it all at once. Change the exercise routine, change food, change how I study, and surely if I did all that today, tomorrow I would be the new fancy version of Claire, the one that not only had her life together, but also got eight hours of sleep at night and had time to do her hair in the morning.

This does not work. It's a struggle for me to get more than six hours of sleep per night, and I throw my hair in a bun more days than I'd like to admit, I don't always get to run or work out, and sometimes it's just easier to grab a handful of whatever snack is in my cabinet than to make a healthy dinner for myself. Whenever I try to change my life in one go, I end up burnt out and irritated, and I stop doing anything I meant to do to try and change things. 

Finally, and recently, I've learned that the only way anything will happen is if I do it in small, small steps. I'm not going to change how my entire life operates in one day, and if I try to do that, it won't go well for anyone. Instead, I've started implementing small things, and trying not to make myself feel guilty if I don't do the change one day. The important part is to get up the next and keep going. 

I really identify with this cat. Little steps, baby kitten. Little steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment