Sunday, October 11, 2015

Week 7: Tech Tip


New about me link, screenshot from personal blog


This week my tech tip was the Blogger Profile tip. Previously I had had just an HTML/JavaScript widget that had a picture of myself and a quote from Harry Potter, but letting Blogger put my profile together makes the whole thing much cleaner!

As for my online identity, I strive to keep a personal, but professional image. It sounds silly, but in engineering, we start looking for jobs and internships as early as sophomore year, and it's important to not have anything connected to you online that may put off a potential employer. When Facebook introduced the 'On This Day' feature, I actually started using it to delete the embarrassing stuff I posted way back when I was in middle school... I've also made sure that all of my settings are on private, not only for employers, but because I don't particularly want complete strangers having access to all of my information. Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, if it's connected to me, I make sure my security settings are high.

I know, I'm a bucket of fun. Better safe than sorry though!

No comments:

Post a Comment